“Every yoga class we take is like a really compact adventure. We don’t know the poses we’re going to do, or in what sequence, and we certainly can’t know the outcome in advance. We just have to give ourselves to it without knowing how it’s going to work out. It is this ability to take a leap into the unknown with mindfulness and grace on the mat that we take with us off the mat and into our daily lives.”
Find Inspiration in Nature
from Tiny buddha
1. Go for a walk in nature, practice mindfulness, and lose track of time for a while.
2. Meditate or practice yoga in a nearby park.
3. Watch children playing at the park then make a point to carry their spirit with you throughout the day.
4. Watch your cat or dog in nature and try to emulate your pet’s mindfulness and playfulness.
5. Take a camera outside and photograph everything that looks beautiful to you.
6. Practice deep breathing while listening to nature sounds.
7. Draw or paint a scene outside your window.
8. Watch Planet Earth DVDs to experience beauty of the oceans, forests, jungles, Great Plains, and caves.
9. Get lost in nature photos online.
10. Spend some time contemplating nature-based art.