This gentle yet comprehensive class will aid postpartum recovery and nourish and support you through this exciting yet challenging time of transformation and discovery. Learn how to become centred and present, cultivating mindfulness that can assist in juggling the many hats of parenting.
In this safe and welcoming environment, we will explore different aspects of The Yoga of Being a Parent by using:
- Asana (poses) to help strengthen and tone the postnatal body.
- The use of breath to encourage deep relaxation and increase energy levels.
- Reconnect with and strengthen the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles.
- Information on changing bodies and hormones.
- Strategies to close stress loops
- The gift of connection and collaboration
- Deep relaxation and restoration
- Some of the great benefits include:
- Gentle recovery postpartum
- Meeting likeminded new parents
- Promoting rest, restoration & relaxation,
- Assists emotional well-being & relieves tension
- Help reduce anxiety and depression
- Aid digestion & improve sleep
- Restores hormonal balance
- Realignment & strengthening of the spine, neck and shoulders
- Maintains flexibility in the spine and joints
- Toning the deep abdominal muscles
- Improved posture & tone pelvic floor
- Helps develop strength and stamina
- Expanded breathing
About your teacher:
Shelly is a nurturing and passionate maternal care specialist and educator and loves working with expecting and new parents. A qualified & experienced birth and postpartum doula, yoga teacher and reflexologist, she has specialist training in pregnancy and postnatal yoga. Shelly is also a baby massage, baby reflexology and postpartum educator. This new heart centred class is the perfect opportunity to help support you to be the parent you want to be.
For mums 8 weeks – 1 year postpartum
No previous yoga experience necessary.
As this class is YOU time it is preferable to leave your baby with a caregiver
Space Limited & Bookings essential! (no bookings no class)